Happy Thanksgiving

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving friends!

As I sit here writing this I'm staring at the beautiful beach and it's helping to remind me just how thankful I am.  For many people this day is filled with driving all over the place and spending time with people you'd rather not. The fact that mine is nothing like that brings me so much happiness. 

A few years ago, my family started the tradition of going to the beach for Thanksgiving. Its a nice long weekend filled with nothing but relaxing, playing games, and having a blast with each other.  We all got in yesterday and spent the evening at our favorite restaurant, Peg Leg Pete's! We stuffed ourselves with fried crab claws, crab legs, and shrimp and downed a few margaritas. We laughed and told stories and then danced with the band.  As I sit here this morning I'm thinking back to the laughs we shared last night and can't help but smile.

I'm sure whether you are from Chattanooga or not, you've heard about the tragic school bus accident that happened Monday.  My heart goes out to the families who will have one less person at dinner today and with the families who will eat in the hospital as they pray their child makes it. 

Wherever you are today and whoever you are with - remember to be thankful. Life is short and full of unknowns. Be thankful for your food and your home. Be thankful for your family and be thankful for your life. 


Have a wonderful holiday!

xo Courtney 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.