SHE De-Stresses

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Hey y'all. I don't know if you know or not but April is Stress Awareness Month!

Next week I'm out of town the beginning of the week, have events Thursday-Sunday, and then kick off the week before my work's biggest conference. Needless to say I'm stressing right now! So with us wrapping up Stress Awareness Month, and me clearly needing help, I'm sharing with you today a couple of tips on how to de-stress. 

Go for a run/walk. Being outside in the fresh air and sunshine is so wonderful. Getting in a good workout while your at it? You'll feel like superwoman!

Throw in your headphones. Whether its classical music or rap music, put on something that helps get you in a better mood.

Dance party! This goes hand in hand with the last tip. Leave the headphones in or take them out and blare the music, just get moving. A good dance party is good for the soul.

Grounding. If your on the edge you need to ground yourself. Look around and focus. Notice your surroundings and take a deep breath.


Puppy love. Or cat, dog, horse, you get the idea. Love on those pets. My Mack baby always makes me feel better.



Count to 10. Breath deep while you do.



Walk away. Get up and go to the restroom, or refill your water. Something to get you away from the stressor for two or three minutes.



Punch a pillow/Squeeze a stress ball.  Nothing like a little violence to calm you down, right?


I hope you've found this helpful! If you have any go to tricks that I didn't mention, I'd love to hear them. I have a feeling I'm gonna need them over the next few weeks.

xo Courtney

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.