SHE: Recaps her holiday

Monday, April 17, 2017

Hey Y'all,
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter holiday weekend.  Ours was great.  As holidays and celebrations go, we tend to celebrate in much the same way each year.  Easter has always included church, big lunch with our family, Easter baskets / treats and of course fun Easter egg dying and lots and lots of hiding eggs.  Brittney's Easter basket generally had less candy treats and more "summer" treats like sidewalk chalk, swimsuit, pool toys.. fun things she could use.  This year we didn't hide or find any eggs but Brittney may have gotten an Easter basket.

Our Easter dinner (of which no photographs were taken) was delish! We had ham with pineapple and brown sugar glaze, corn, potato salad, green beans- slow cooked with bits of ham, mac & cheese, Sister Schubert's rolls, deviled eggs and carrots. As long as my baby girl has been in the world, we have had a "bunny" cake each Easter.  This year I decided to mix it up a little with our desserts, we had a yummy Millionaire pie and a "sheep" cake.  While my sheep was cute and tasted identical to the "bunny" cake, I could tell she was disappointed.  I love how "little details" make the best memories. 

I love cooking for my family, but it's a little time consuming. While making our potato salad yesterday I had a lot of eggs to chop. I peeled them and cut in half and put them in a mixing
bowl.  Trying to hurry the process along, I used my pastry blender to chop them. Have you ever done that? It was awesome! So quick and they were all uniform sized. Will definitely do that again.  (Side note~ It did not work for pickles).   Love it when I learn something new.  So how did you celebrate? What was on your menu?  I linked up some recipes for you to try.  And yes, next year... Mr. Bunny will reappear.

Have a great week friends!! Make memories with your babies ~ you never know which one will be their favorite. 

xoxo,
Amy








Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.