SHE loves baby showers!

Friday, September 22, 2017


Don't you love Pinterest? I found all these great ideas on Pinterest.  Pinterest is my go to happy place.  I wish I could stop....but I can't!  I have another baby shower coming up and it is going to be a woodland creature theme.  I cant wait to show that to you!

First, I gave a friends daughter a baby shower a couple of weeks ago.  (Side note:  you know you are old if you are giving friends daughters showers.)  She wanted a Dr. Seuss theme.  So to Pinterest I go....
Several hours later armed with great ideas I head to multiple stores!  Several more hours and I have a house that is quite Seussical!  Let's look at the results:

Here is the table.  We made green eggs and ham (sandwiches), oodles of noodles (pasta salad), truffala seeds (red and blue candies), gold fish (one fish, two fish), Cats Hats (marshmallows covered in red/white chocolate), greens and things (fruit and veggie tray), and last but not least the Thing One cupcakes (red velvet cupcakes with cotton candy on top of the cream cheese icing).

I had so much fun making the diaper cake and the topiaries!  I love Thing One.

I made these arrangements for the table where people sat to eat.

My daughters and I made about 15 of these truffala trees from the Lorax and placed them all over the house!
And no Dr. Seuss themed party would be complete without my favorite quote from Horton Hears a Who......a person is a person no matter how small.

I had a great time!  She received lots of great presents! A good time was had by all. One thing we did ask the guest was to sign a baby book instead of a card.  This way they would always have the book to cherish.

I also learned that we have brains in our head and feet in our shoes and we can steer ourselves in any direction we choose.  We chose to make lots of fun items to celebrate the coming birth of Aiden in Dr. Seuss fashion. 

It made me think of my mom and something she always would say.  "Once a job has began, never leave it 'til it's done.  Be it big or be it small.  Do it well or not at all!" 
That saying is the reason sometimes I don't clean my house.  I am not going to start something and not finish it.  I am not going to do it well.  So, I might as well not do it at all.  (see above quote!) I might as well play a game with my kiddos or fly a kite!

Lisa B

(I am not going to begin any jobs today....just letting you know!)

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.