SHE says Happy Cinco de Mayo

Friday, May 4, 2018


Hey Friends,                            

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!   I admit, I thought this was a Mexican holiday similar to our 4th of July ~ celebration of independence.  I was wrong.    According to Wikipedia...
Cinco de Mayo (pronounced [ˈsiŋko ðe ˈmaʝo]; Spanish for "Fifth of May") is an annual celebration held on May 5. The date is observed to commemorate the Mexican Army's difficult victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla, on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza. So there you go~

Although I was wrong about the reason for the celebration, I definitely am happy for any opportunity to celebrate with some yummy Mexican treats.  Do you have any plans to celebrate?  Such cute décor items I saw here would make for a festive party.  Although a little late even for Amazon Prime, I bet you can still find some cute items to set a festive theme ~ think Party City or Dollar Tree (great finds for cute disposable party ware).
This girl (like most I think) loves salsa, nothing too spicy though.  It is versatile you can serve it with chips, tacos or nachos, it’s delicious over rice. Lots of uses. It is my Mexican food of choice.
This is my favorite recipe, it’s very basic but so yummy. And you probably have the ingredients in your pantry. 
There is still time to make up a quick batch, serve it with your favorite tortilla chips and celebrate your Cinco de Mayo. 

image via google

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.