Snacking on Salsa

Monday, January 25, 2016

Hey Y'all,

Happy Monday ~  Hope today will be a great day!  This past week was a little cold and icy and we enjoyed a yummy soup and stew.  And I love the heartiness of them both. But some times you just want to snack on some yummy chips and salsa in the comfort of your home... in your pj's if you prefer or at least in some cute leggings and over sized sweatshirt (monogrammed of course).

I have a delicious and easy salsa recipe I am sharing with you today.  It is so yummy especially if you make it a day in advance.  The flavors marry together so well. I generally have several brands of tortilla chips on hand- Fritos or Tostitos have been our go to easy store brand. But lately we have really liked the seasoned South of the Border cantina chips.  Oh my they are thin and crispy and just enough seasoning to taste extra good. I warm them in the oven and serve with my homemade salsa.  Your guests will love them.  Be sure to set them out in a pretty serving bowl and you will be a hit.

Here's the recipe:  
1 (14. 5 oz) can Rotel tomatoes, w/green chilies
1  (14.5 oz) can tomatoes, crushed
           1/4 c chopped onion ( I use onion flakes)
            1/2 tsp garlic salt   1/2 tsp ground Cumin  1/4 tsp sugar
 
I put everything in my food processor, (You can use a hand mixer if you don't have a food processor) and mix together.  You want it to have a little texture from the tomatoes, not a liquid, so don't over mix.  You can add cilantro if you like, to your taste. (I don't care for it so I leave it out.)

If you can, I recommend making the recipe a day or so in advance. Store it in a glass container in your frig. It will stay fresh for several days ~ if it lasts that long.  It is so much better than "store bought" salsa and I like to think homemade = healthier.   Now the chips, probably not so much.  That is where moderation comes into play.



When you are ready to serve, pour it into a serving bowl along side your warm chips and enjoy. Isn't this one cute? Chips & Salsa bowl Chips and Salsa bowl  I found it on Amazon. Make a batch or 2 this week, it will be a yummy Super Bowl party snack.    Be sure to let us know how you liked it. We love hearing from you.
image via Amazon
xoxo, 
 
Amy 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.