SHE Cooks: White Chicken Chili

Thursday, January 7, 2016


Everyday I feel myself turning into my mom more and more. One part of my mom that I'm happy I picked up is her love of cooking. Growing up we spent hours in the kitchen cooking, baking, laughing and now we talk on the phone constantly about new recipes we've tried. One of my all time favorite recipes she makes is her white chicken chili. Everyone who tries it falls in love, it's super easy and perfect for these freezing winter nights! 

Ingredients:
Makes 4-6 bowls.
2-3 Chicken Breasts (Boiled & shredded)
2 Cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Can of Chicken Broth
1 Can of Diced Green Chilies 
2 Cans of Navy Beans (Undrained) 
2 Cans of Shoepeg Corn (Drained) 
A Handful of Cilantro 
2 Tablespoons of Garlic
1 Tablespoon of Oregano 
3 Tablespoons of Butter
1 Tablespoon of Cumin 
2 Tablespoons of White Pepper


Directions
1. In a stock pot combine chicken soup and chicken broth, beans and corn. Bring to a boil.
2. In a skillet melt butter, add in the green chiles and garlic (You can also add diced onions). Let simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Once the stock pot has come to a boil add in chicken, all spices and the skillet mixture. 
4. Simmer for 25 minutes.
5. Top with cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, avocado and serve with french bread or tortilla chips.

ENJOY! 

This is a fun alternative to your normal ground beef chili and I swear it will be one of your favorite dinners ever! In fact, I think I have to make this for dinner now! XO,




Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.