Happy New Year!

Friday, January 1, 2016

 
Happy New Year’s, friends! I sure hope everyone had fun ringing in the New Year. I’m not going to lie – as much as I love the holidays I’m a little glad they’re now over so life can go back to a normal pace!
Of course, with the New Year comes resolutions. I’ve never been any good at resolutions. I make them, start them, and end them all within the month of January. However, this year I have some things I’d really like to accomplish. So instead of resolutions, I’m setting goals for 2016. I’ve always been a fan of goals and do a little better with them than resolutions. Now I know what you’re thinking – resolutions/goals, Courtney aren’t they the same thing? Yeah probably. But there’s power in the name so you’ve got to pick what works best for you. I’m actually thinking about calling it my to-do list for 2016, because I’m a huge fan of to-do lists!
So here is my list of goals/to-do’s for 2016:
1.       Weight Loss – haha I know. The most obvious and typical one out there. But hubs and I were talking while driving all over the world on Christmas and we’re both experiencing tight clothes and some that just don’t fit. So we’re conquering this one together and holding each other accountable. Workouts and slightly better eating will hopefully get us both where we need to be.
2.       Take better care of myself – I’m not the best at washing my face every night and my teenage skin is gone, so I’ve got to get on the ball. So under this heading I’m throwing in – washing my face every day, applying lotion daily, taking vitamins, care of my nails, etc. I guess it’s time to start treating my body like the age it is before it’s too late!
3.       Savings Goals – hubs and I have set some savings goals we’d really like to hit before the end of the year. This one isn’t always easy because there is always something out there that you really want. But we’re determined because we really want to buy a house!
4.       Journal Daily – I’m going to try and write in a journal every day. Timehop is one of my favorite apps, because I love to reminisce over old memories. So my hope with this is to go back and read it at the end of the year to see what all we’ve done. I have a feeling that 2016 is going to be a good year for me and hubs so I want to be able to remember it!
 
I hope everyone has a glittery and magical 2016. How do you set resolutions that you can keep? I’d love to hear about it in the comments!
xo Courtney

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.