Skinny Coconut Margaritas: A Healthy SHE Way to Survive the Super Bowl

Thursday, January 21, 2016


I don't know about you guys but I think nothing is worse than snow in January. I am all for snow in December, at Christmas time when I'm loving snuggly, cuddly winter but once the new year rolls around I'm ready for some Spring time! I am stuck dreaming about warmer days and the only ice I want is an ice cold cocktail. 

Today I'm going to share how to fight your spring fever with a healthy, coconut margarita. At first I was skeptical.. coconut milk and tequila isn't my normal pair but once everything is mixed together, you'll slip away to island paradise. 


I often don't like to make my own mixed drinks at home. They either turn out horrible, make a huge mess or cost a fortune, luckily this one was none of the above & DELICIOUS. Besides the liquor, you can grab all the ingredients at the grocery store for under $10. They are light and refreshing, it's like a pina colada and margarita had a delicious, healthy child and now you can survive all the boys screaming at your TV during the Super Bowl (it's only a couple of weeks away!). 
I love a 'fiesta' themed get together and while you're quickly whipping up these yummy drinks, I think they would pair perfectly with some guacamole and shrimp bite size tacos -- both recipes here



I found this recipe via Pinterest and it makes 2 margaritas. I would suggest doubling or tripling the recipe depending on how many thirsty SHEs you are hosting. I can promise they'll want more than one! Next I'm going to try pairing it with pineapple juice and light rum for a take on actual Pina Coladas! 

Happy Friday Eve!! XO,
Riley 


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.