Taco Chili for Chilly Winter Days

Monday, January 4, 2016

Hey Y'all,


     
Happy New Year!   So the holiday season has come and gone and now we begin... Winter.   It has started to feel a little more like winter this week after our record breaking warm temperatures during Christmas. I am not a big fan of the frigid cold, but I sure enjoy a snowy Saturday.  I love to watch the snow fall and listen to the complete quiet of the moment.  I love having my family all home and hanging out in the kitchen.





A cold winter day goes perfect with this yummy Taco Chili.   The recipe was given to me by a friend and it is so easy and everyone seems to think it is pretty tasty. 

 




          

                   Taco Chili
1 pound ground beef, browned and drained (I also rinse to get rid of excess grease)
2 cans of corn, drained 
2 cans of beans - I use chili beans but you can use pinto, black or kidney beans.
(Whatever kind your family likes is fine to use)
1 can chicken broth
2 cans tomatoes - I use crushed tomatoes with green chiles or Rotel 
1 package dry Ranch dressing mix
1 package taco seasoning mix

In a Dutch oven or my go to Crock Pot, place browned meat, Ranch mix, Taco seasoning and   broth.
Combine and simmer for 20 minutes, just to incorporate the flavors.
Then add your remaining ingredients, stir thoroughly and cook 4 hrs on high heat (or 8 hrs on low/medium) in Crock Pot or in the Dutch oven until beans are tender. I think it tastes better the
longer it cooks, so it is ideal to start it first thing, play in the snow all day and come
 in to warm up with a yummy bowl of soup.   Serve it with taco chips, tortillas, shredded
cheese, sour cream or jalapeños... Get as creative as you like. I think that is why
this is so yummy, you can add whatever you like and it just gets better.


#LovemyCrockPot
















Here is hoping we all enjoy a snowy Saturday or two this winter and are blessed to be able to spend it warming up our family with a hearty bowl of delish soup.


Have you tried this soup before?  What do you add to make yours special?  We would love to hear from you ~ 

                                             xoxo,
                                        Amy


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.