SHE wants her jeans to fit!

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Here we are in the middle of January and I realize my wallet is still empty and my pants are too tight!  I am still feeling the effects of the Christmas Holiday presents and goodies.  Apparently I am not the only one....




So what is a SHE to do?  Well, this SHE goes back to the basics.  About two years ago I went to Weight Watchers and I learned so much.  When my pants get too tight, my middle too thick, I go back to eating good points.  WW lets you eat all the fruits and vegetables you want.  You start getting points for meats, fats and sweets.  You can eat anything you want if you have the points.  I am not one to limit my food categories.  So, I try to be selective with what I eat.  If those cookies are stale or not as good as they look, I will stop eating them.  I cook for a big family and am not a short order cook.  Everyone must eat what I do.  We love soups and the Chicken Fiesta Soup is a favorite.  It is quick, easy and most importantly very few points.  Eating this soup during the week along with salads and some hiking and I will be back in my jeans in no time!!

I hope you and your family like it too!!

Chicken Fiesta Soup

1 16 oz. can Fat Free refried beans
1 14oz.  can fat Free chicken broth
1 11oz.  whole-kernel corn with liquid
1 15 1/2 oz. can of black beans rinsed and drained
1 5 oz. can 94% fat free chicken breast meat with liquid
  or 1 cup cooked chopped chicken breast
1 onion chopped
1 cup chunky salsa
1 small can of mild green chilies

Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.  Simmer for about half an hour.  Stir occasionally.
You can top this with fat free sour cream and fat free cheese....this does add more calories or points.

Weight Watchers points  1 cup = 2 points










Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.