Hairy Situation

Thursday, January 14, 2016



If you're over the age of 13 I guarantee that you use a 'hot tool' --think blow dryer, curling iron, straightener or all of the above  at least once a week, most likely more. Hey, it's ok. We all do it if you don't I'm extremely jealous! While these keep your hair looking hot, all that heat can cause some major damage. Today I'm sharing some tips and tricks on how to protect that pretty little mane of yours! 



I started using coconut oil about two years and it is a nectar sent straight from the gods. Only 8 dollars and my first jar lasted me around a month. I purchased mine at Whole Foods, but you can also find it at grocery stores in the oil aisle. 
My favorite thing to do with the coconut oil is to soak, and I mean soak, my hair in it and throw it up in a bun on top of my head. The oil is a solid in the jar but you can scoop it out with your hands and it immediately begins to melt into a liquid. I leave mine on for an hour if not more and some days when I have a lot of time I will set the blow dryer up on my counter and heat up my hair. Then you just wash it out as normal and wah-la! Not only has my hair been the softest and healthiest it has ever been, it has started to grow faster than ever.


While you're letting your hair mask soak, why not throw on a face mask too and spend a little quality time browsing our Pinterest (follow us here) to find the perfect hair tutorial like this crown braid we tried below! 


What is your favorite way to use coconut oil? Do you have a holy grail hair product we need to try? We would love to hear it! Tweet us -@SHEdegree! 

XO,
Riley 


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.