SHE: Celebrates the Occasions

Monday, October 10, 2016

Hey Y'all,

It has been a very busy week around here and I couldn't be happier.  You know I love fall ~ October in particular for so many reasons.... We celebrate my birthday, (6th), our wedding anniversary (8th), my hubby's birthday, (19th), and this year our SHE Degree anniversary, (7th). 

The celebrating has gone on all week.  I truly have the best family and friends.  So many took time out of their day to wish me a happy day and Mike & I a congratulatory happy anniversary (#34 is a pretty big deal, don't you think?).  Our home is filled with sweet cards, fragrant flowers and too much leftover dessert. We had yummy dinners with the ones I love most too.  Don't you just love to feel loved? of course you do ~ it's how we are made. 
With social media, it's so easy to send a quick text or post a tweet wishing others a happy day. But I received hand delivered bouquets, cards in my real mailbox, homemade dinner... things that my sweet friends and family did personally "on their time" to make my day and me feel special. 

All this special attention got me thinking about whether or not I make those important to me feel special enough.  I think I try, but... I can probably do better.  So for my first goal of this new year, I am going to do better ~ I am putting special dates in my planner and will be visiting my local card store this week to get prepared.

Tell the ones you love "thank you" and truly take the opportunity to celebrate each day.  I am guilty of wishing them away.  But remember, we are given a certain number of days in our lifetime. Let's make sure we use them wisely.
 Have a lovely week friends~













Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.