SHE Found Open Doors & Patience

Friday, December 9, 2016

Happy Friday! Y’all that is one of my favorite things to say!

Anyways, today I’m going to keep it fairly short and a little bit personal. It’s not so much a how-to, but more of a reminder.

Today my reminder is – everything will work out in the right timing for you. I know, cue the eye-roll. That is the most overused and annoying phrase out there. But, be patient because your time is coming and It’ll be better than you expected.

I started knocking on doors somewhere between a year and half and two years ago. I would knock and knock, someone would open and I’d see a teaser and then they’d slam right in my face. I would smile and put on my “it’s fine” face and say something along the lines of “it’s okay, this (fill in the blank of what I was looking for) clearly wasn’t right for me/us and something better is out there for me/us.” But on the inside – I was mad. I threw around the word “unfair” a lot. And sometimes I pouted like a three year old. Every now and then I would see why a door closed and I would be thankful, but there weren’t enough of the moments to be okay with all of the closed doors. I fell into a pretty unhappy rut. 2016 was supposed to be the best year – and you know what it kinda sucked.

Back in mid-October I was done. I was ready for January 1st so I could have a clean start. “Okay, 2016 was clearly not my year, but 2017 will totally rock!” I was saying the words but didn’t quite feel them. And then it happened. A door for almost everything I had been wanting opened. Like within a couple weeks of each other. It all happened so fast, I thought it was a dream. My husband found a new job that he loves, we’re moving into a house next week, we were able to go the beach for Thanksgiving and have another small getaway planned for New Years and I’ve got a couple more things in the works.  Suddenly, 2016 decided to end on a good note.  I personally felt like I did a complete 180 returning to my old happy self and I couldn’t be more thrilled (I was annoying myself. So to my loved ones out there – thanks for putting up with me!!).  I’ve still got a few doors I’m knocking on but after having these past few open so perfectly, it helped remind me that they’ll open when it is right.


So to everyone out there struggling with closed doors – I feel you! Enjoy this holiday season and put your worries aside. Be patient the best you can (trust me I’m not a patient person and that is the hardest part!!), your open door is coming I PROMISE!

xo Courtney

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.