SHE Packs & Moves Her Kitchen

Friday, December 2, 2016

Hey y’all! Can you believe it’s December? I know I can’t. My sister, my mom, two very close family friends, and I all have birthdays from the 13th – 21st. Combine that with Christmas and all the holiday parties and you’ve got yourself one hectic month!! But I love it, it’s by far my favorite month of the year.

This year I’ve lost my mind though… My husband and I started looking for a rental house to get out of our apartment and guess what? We get the keys December 16. ONE. WEEK. BEFORE. CHRISTMAS. As someone who usually decorates in early – mid November, not having my tree up yet has been very difficult for me! Let’s not even think about the fact that I’m moving at the worst possible time!

Anyway… there have been a few things that I’m doing to help make this smooth. Since we’re moving in the middle of parties galore we have to pack whenever we get a chance, but how do you pack something like your kitchen two weeks before you move? Here is what I’m doing…

First, I’m going to the grocery store this weekend and making a handful of freezer meals in aluminum pans (think casseroles – something like Shepard’s Pie has your meat and veggies all in one dish, no need for sides!). This way all I have to do is pull it out of the freezer, place in the oven, and then throw away when done. No need for pots and pans! Go ahead and pack those away.

Second, while I’m at the grocery store I’m getting paper plates, plastic utensils, napkins, and solo cups. Again all throw away stuff so I can go ahead and pack all my dishes!

Isn’t this so much easier? Not only can you go ahead and get another room packed, but now you don’t have any dishes to do! It’s a win-win!

Do you have any tips on packing your kitchen or surviving without one? I’d love to hear it!


xo Courtney

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.