SHE Cooks: Homemade Biscuits

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

I love Biscuits!!!  I love biscuits!!  I have tried several recipes over the years, but I have found the easiest and I want to share it with you!  Now here's the deal....you must act like these take forever and your great grandmother gave you her secret recipe and you can only share this with a family member or friend...never mind don't share!  Keep them guessing!

This is how it all begins.  This wonderful mix you can find near the flour at your local grocery store.  Before you leave grab a half gallon of buttermilk too!  Those are the only ingredients you need to make the most wonderful biscuits ever!

Thank you to my friend Frankie who told me about this wonderful product!!

The recipe is on the back of the package and is very easy.  You just combine the mix with buttermilk until incorporated.  The most important thing to remember to make fluffy biscuits - you never, ever over mix. That is how your biscuits become tough. Once you have mixed lightly, turn your dough out onto wax paper that has been lightly floured.

You can roll out your dough or if you don't have a rolling pin just flatten it with your hands until it is about 1/2 an inch thick.  Still keeping in mind not to work it too much or it will be tough and not fluffy.

 You can cut out your biscuits with a biscuit cutter, a round cookie cutter, or if you are like me...a glass.

Then you bake those biscuits on 450 degrees for about 10 minutes.  Notice how they are touching on the pan.  Biscuits like to touch lightly when cooking.  (not like cookies that need space) 

Now to enjoy these beauties!  I am going to slather on the butter and apple butter and eat my fill.  I wish you could smell them, they are heavenly!

Give these and try and let me know how they turn out in the comments section!

Lisa B

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.