SHE: Makes Lemonade

Monday, May 16, 2016


Hey Y'all,

Hope everyone got to enjoy the gorgeous weekend.  What is up with these cool temps though?  A little caught off guard when I headed into church yesterday. But it is May and I know the hot summer days will quickly be upon us so I will enjoy the dip.  

Last summer, the men in our families were all working so hard to finish building Brittney and Andrew’s home before the wedding. (And it was oh so hot most days.) Every member of our families helped in one way or another. Since my carpentry skills are extremely limited, I tried to make sure my hospitality skills were much better. I knew I needed some cool and tasty options to keep them hydrated.  We kept the coolers stocked with water and Gatorade and of course all sorts of soft drinks.  
I don’t know about your family, but mine loves lemonade on a hot day.  We started bringing homemade lemonade to the guys and it really was appreciated. They enjoyed the cool tart flavor and I appreciated how easy and inexpensive it was to make.   There are lots of lemonade recipes but I never have much luck dissolving sugar in cold water. Do you?  So I kept looking… 
The Pioneer Woman has the best one I have found.  She makes a simple syrup and then adds the lemon juice.  Doesn't simple syrup sound   so fancy?  It is really sugar dissolved in warm water and refrigerated until cool.   Now you can whip up some simple syrup anytime you need to ~ You aren't afraid of fancy.  Homemade lemonade will look as good as it tastes in a lovely dispenser.  I didn't have that option at the "land" but my trusty cooler  worked well and was durable.











image via google
This recipe is so tasty and refreshing~ perfect for a hot summer day. I can't wait to make up a pitcher soon.  You can cut the recipe in half if you think it is too much, but then you will just have to make more.  I promise everyone will love it.   What is your favorite summertime drink?  Would love to have you share your recipe too! 


I guess you could say we
each helped in our
own way  

PS: did you see the next round of vendors were released?  We are amazed at the response for the event! I hope if you are interested in being a vendor that you submit your application soon.


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.