Self Defense and Common Sense

Wednesday, March 1, 2017


Picture via Internet







Self Defense and common sense we all need to practice these things in our world today.   Crimes are committed against women of all ages at an alarming rate.  We need to practice some self defense everywhere we go, more importantly we need to use common sense.  For example, get your head out of your apps!  Seriously, get off your phone.  I think it makes us more of a target because we are not paying attention.  Yes, I love a good selfie and my Target cartwheel app.  However, we need to be aware of surroundings at all times.  Here are a few of the things I teach my children and believe we should practice.

  1. Get your head out of your apps!-Seriously, put the phone down.
  2. If you see someone at your car, go back inside the building and get a security guard. ( They will love to help you and will not feel inconvenienced.)
  3. If you feel like you are being followed, then go to the service desk and ask for a manager.  Trust me they would rather be safe than sorry. 
  4. Trust your gut feeling!!!  God gives us special senses for just this reason.  Trust them.  I don't care how nice the person looks.  If your "gut " says there is a problem, always go with your "gut feeling".
  5.  Keep your keys in your hand as you walk out to your car.  They can be used as a weapon if you need one.  Also, you don't need to be digging for keys just like you don't need to be on your phone.
  6. At night park in a well-lit area. 
  7. If the worst happens and someone does try to attack you ...LOOK them in the eye!  Criminals don't want someone who can identify them. 
  8. NEVER, ever go to a second location with someone.  I don't care if they have a gun or knife, run and scream.  Get away!! 
  9. This one is hard for me.  I like to help people.  BUT, if someone comes up to you and needs help.  Remember your gut feelings.  If it feels wrong, it is wrong.  Run from them.  I always tell my children no one needs your help.  I know that sounds harsh.  However, if I as an adult am in trouble I don't go looking for a child to help me....or a cute teenager either. 
  10. Again with the gut feelings...if someone offers to carry your packages and is acting all nice.  Or you are a young mother and they try to help you because you are jugging babies and diaper bags and shopping bags.  DO NOT accept help if your gut is screaming this is not right!! 

This list of 10 things is just a start.  I would like for you to be aware of your surroundings.  Pay attention.  The above list is just a few of the things we can do to make ourselves more safe.  Yes, you can get a gun and a carry permit.  Yes, you can visit my friend Katy's website and buy pepper spray and kubatons.  http://damselkaty.com


  Honestly, it all starts with common sense and being aware. Quick question,  would you be interested in a self-defense class where you learned techniques and try them out?  I have a friend that would love to teach women to defend themselves.  He even has that suit and we can really hit him.  Let me know if you are interested in a class by commenting below.  Oh, and what are your tips to stay safe???  We SHE's have to help each other!

Have a great weekend,
Lisa B















Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.