SHE: Packs a Lunch

Monday, March 27, 2017

Hey Y’all,

Hope you have found lots to be Thankful and Happy about this week! Courtney has shared some really cute quotes ~ I have enjoyed seeing them each day. It’s been a nice reminder to look for the good.
So a few weeks ago I mentioned trying to eat better, walk a little farther and drink more water. I would love to tell you that I have done it all perfectly, but I have not. J   I will say one thing I have done well (for me!) is trying to take my lunch to work. So often for me, lunch is a quick trip out of the office, grabbing something and eating while I peruse social media and hopefully get a chance to chat with my girl.  It is just a mental break away.  But it is often not a healthy break. So I have actually planned lunches a few times lately and I was pleasantly surprised in that I did enjoy my break more. I wasn’t rushed trying to get my food and get back to the office. 
Trying to come up with something that would sound good to me the next day is the hard part. But I found a few guides that really make it pretty simple.
A basic lunch needs to consist of a protein/ starch, fruit, vegetable and a snack. I prepared my lunches on Sunday which made me more apt to pack it in the morning.   Mine was pretty simple, I made a tray in a plastic reusable container with cubes of mild cheddar cheese, grapes, cucumber slices, Triscuit crackers and sliced turkey.  I was full and relaxed & I found I didn’t have that late afternoon drop either. (Just a tip...buying cheese blocks is less expensive that pre-cut cracker slices, use a warmed knife to make it easier to cut). 
Here are some suggestions I found that might work to mix things up, following the same pattern. Misty Nelson over at Frosted Moms has an example (printable) that has a good variety of options.  
Do you pack a lunch? What is your go to lunch style? We would love you to share your ideas and to tell us how cute your lunch box is :)  These are super cute

Take care ~ 

Amy


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.