Holly Jolly SHE: Traditions

Thursday, December 3, 2015


 I was discussing traditions with Courtney, my fellow SHE, and was stuck because I couldn't think of any traditions my family has. In the past couple of years my family has changed a lot. I moved to Chattanooga and started my own 'family' with my boyfriend and our two dogs. Both my parents are recently remarried and our holidays are unlike they've ever been before! I'm not complaining, my family has grown by leaps and bounds and I've experienced more love than I ever dreamed possible! 

I started thinking though, I was so wrong. We have had many traditions and we still do all of them in Memphis, I just haven't brought them to Chattanooga yet! This year I'm going to start some of my favorites here and add some new ones… here's a few of my favorites. 



1. The Christmas Pickle. Each year my mom would hide a pickle ornament in the tree. The first person to find the ornament would be the first one to open presents Christmas morning! Ornaments are big in our family, ever year my dad gives us a new ornament. It's so exciting seeing which one he picks out for each of us. 

2. Christmas Pajamas. My mom picks out pajamas for all of us to wear so we're matching on Christmas morning! It's fun and makes for the cutest photos. 


3. Advent Calendars. Anything filled with chocolate is a yes in my book! Opening these up everyday was the best part of the countdown! I've seen grow up versions with bottles of wine instead of Chocolate, that might be worth a try. :)


4. Saint Nick. This one is coming up!! December 6th is his feast day, so the night before you leave your shoes out by the door and he fills them up with goodies (--think candy, stickers or 'coupons')

What other traditions should I add this year?! I am excited because it is the first Christmas RJ will be spending with me in Memphis! Have a happy Thursday! XO

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.