My Favorite Things!!

Wednesday, December 23, 2015


 

I love  Christmas!  It is a crazy busy time at my house.  The three birthdays the week before Christmas only add more to do at our house.  But I love every minute.  My big tree is probably my most favorite thing.  The ornaments are a mixture of homemade by my four children and ornaments we have collected on our travels.  It is fun to reminisce about our trips when we decorate the tree.  I guess that is why it is my favorite thing.....every ornament has a story.  

And another favorite is my stocking hanger!  My sweet cousin Tony made it for my mom.  I inherited it when she passed away....along with all my siblings stockings!  (We still have our stockings here at our Hancock Christmas.  I am the keeper of the stockings.)

Another of my favorite things is baking.  I have a whole table in my dining room laid out with treats. My famous chocolate chip cookies and my nutter butter cookies are always on the top of the list.  Of course chocolate fudge and peanut butter fudge are must!  I love making cookie/goodie trays for friends.  



May each and everyone of you enjoy the season.  I will admit it can be bittersweet.  Remembering the Christmas past. Remembering those not with us this year.  But my Mom (Bird) loved Christmas!  And as she would always say....the show must go on!  While Christmas is not a show per say, it is a time to show those here with you how much you love them. Christmas is my favorite...because of the tree and the goodies.  But, honestly it is my favorite because everyone comes to my house!  I get to spend time with all my favorites!!  

May God bless you and yours!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.