Our Home for the Holidays

Monday, December 14, 2015




Hey Y'all !

Does your agenda tell you it is December 14th?  How can that be???  I feel like I haven't gotten started on checking off my Christmas to do lists.  (Yes lists, I love to make lists and love pretty agendas but that is a story for another day).
So let's see what is on my list:  we have shopping, and baking, and Christmas cards, and Christmas movies and gift wrapping and decorating.... all before we can celebrate.  The only thing I can really check off is my decorating.   I added my finishing details yesterday with fresh wreaths. We use an artificial tree each year but I love the Christmas pine scent so a lovely wreath goes over our mantel. When we have a fire going in the fireplace, the warmth really brings out the fresh pine scent.
 
image via Pinterest
I also burn several fragrant candles at different times ~ each has a Christmas element to them.  My most favorite is Nest Holiday candle. It is Christmas in a jar to me. These candles burn clean, no smoky residue like some candles have.  I also enjoy several from Bath & Bodyworks ~ Tis the Season is a favorite and Fresh Balsam is too.  There are also several Glad brand candles that smell very nice too.  (I have listed links at the bottom of the page.)

Holiday Candle 3 wick
Holiday Wish 3 wick Bath & Bodyworks



As for my decorations ~ I tend to be a little more traditional. the first item unpacked and arranged each year is our nativity scene. Without this what would we be celebrating?  









Our tree has colored lights along with white. All types of ornaments, most all with a story. But I also have lots of "do-dads" or "knick-knack" items we have collected over the years.
 I realized looking at all of them, so many have been gifted by friends I have worked with over the years.  Aren't these pretty? 


Charles Dickens Story Book given to me by my niece Kaity 
I also have 3 singing snowmen given to me probably 10+ years ago by a sweet friend I worked with for many years. As I unpacked them this year I was reminded that she is no longer with us. I guess bittersweet memories are part of life aren't they...
A small glimpse into our home....  How do you decorate?  Homemade items? Everything coordinated?  or are you a little more like me- a hodgepodge of sweet memories?  
dining room tree ~ a little more structured
Always choose JOY

Family room tree -gifts are coming soon
 I would love to see your Christmas home ideas!! Am I the only one who feels like my house is "empty" after the holidays when all the decorations come down? Please post a picture so we can share your ideas.

Oh, and here are the links I promised...
Nest Candle

Bath & Bodyworks 3 wick candles

                          
                                   Merry Christmas ~   
                                                    Amy

1 comment

  1. Your home looks lovely. I can see we both inherited the Christmas spirit. We didn't do a lot of decorating this year. We put up one tree and I didn't pull down all our decorative pieces. I hope you, Mike, Brittney & Andrew have a Very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.