Long Time No See

Wednesday, February 1, 2017


Hello Fellow SHE's,

I hope this post finds you all well.  So far 2017 has been crazy at our house.  I mean we are always crazy, but we have moved on to a new level of craziness!!  I started cleaning out closets, purging and redecorating after taking down Christmas decorations.  I mean don't you hate how empty and lonely your house  looks after the holidays?  I even got my hubby on board to paint the living room and dining room.  One major problem is the ceilings are 18 feet tall.  He rented us a scissor lift. Yes, you heard that correctly.  We rented a scissor lift, brought it into the house (lucky for us we have a slab foundation) and painted the rooms ourselves. Did I mention we also were keeping my niece for  10 days?  She will be 2 this month.  We had a scissor lift, paint paraphernalia and a toddler.  That is a recipe for disaster if I ever heard one!  Now that was enough for any one person, but my 90 year old grandmother fell and broke her hip.    She lives across the state in Memphis.  Now we get to add a trip to see her.  She did great through surgery.  The swelling in her legs that made her fall was her kidneys and liver starting to shut down.  She passed away January 15th. 

Granny was a great lady who lived the majority of her 90 years without being sick.  She dressed herself and had just started forgetting things or saying the same thing over again.  She really did have a blessed life and I am so glad she was my grandmother!  She was more than ready to go to Heaven.  I know she is happy to be there!

Granny was from Chattanooga, which means she was buried here next to her husband.  So, now we have paint paraphernalia, house with no pictures hung, stuff every where from toddler visit and me totally exhausted.  Now all my extended family will be coming to my house because I am the one who lives in town!  Gasp!

And here is where I want to praise the real SHE's!  The totally awesome SHE's that make the world go round.  They step up everyday of the week and twice on Sunday!! 

One of the SHE's had picked up my son and was dropping him off.  I was not home yet.  She knew family was coming and I was tired.  When I walked in she had my son and her son vacuuming. 
They had done the dishes and she was cleaning the hall bath!  (I wanted to cry !  From embarrassment, from exhaustion but mostly from thanksgiving!!  I can't begin to tell you what it means for someone to DO...and not have to be asked or told. 
Amy and Brittney fellow SHE's made desserts for me to have at my house. Amy asked what else she could do to help.    She had asked me if I needed anything and I said no...But, I was taking the  obituary over to the funeral home.  I was getting new flowers for the graves of the family.  I was running all these errands. Guess what? She brought over pizza.  I was so thankful!!  I was still tired when I finally got home and the kids were fed!!  Amy rocks!!  Another SHE, knew I was going to give the eulogy at Granny's funeral and she came by the funeral home on her way to help with the dinner and put tissues, candy, cough drops and a favorite bottled drink in my purse.
I am so blessed.  The ladies I homeschool with are amazing.  They fixed our dinner for the family, served it and cleaned up.  Amy and Brittney were there to help too.  I am so honored to have these ladies to do life with.  They are all amazing and I truly love them.

Each and every one of these SHE's made me feel loved.    They make me want to be a better SHE! 
I hope you can use some of the things they did to help a SHE in your life.  Unfortunately, we will have to do funerals.  We will lose people we love.  When asked, what can I do for you?  Most of us will say, nothing.  I am giving you permission to just do it!  Show up with a pizza.  Take a care package of tissue, candy/mints, bottle of water to the funeral home.  Drop off desserts and or fruit at their house.  Especially if you know they will be having people at their house.  Ask the questions like...do you need any clothes ironed? I love to iron. (its ok to lie, if you are helping a friend)  Do you need any clothes washed.  Has your son got anything to wear? (Amy asked this question.  She knew my son had grown 4 inches  and nothing fit.  I am so glad she asked! You don't always think of those things.)  And of course, just show up and start cleaning.  It is to me, easier to DO than to accept help.  But, I have had to learn to accept help.  We all need it sometimes and I am so thankful for everything.    SHE's really do make the world go 'round and make it a better place!
XOXO,
LISA B



PS

I have decided to start 2017 over!  January was a free trail month. 

PSS.  Sorry to have been AWOL.  But I am BACK!!  We have some very exciting things planned this year! We will start sharing them soon!!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.