SHE Does Something Different for Valentine's

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Hey y'all! Valentine's Day is next week and whether you've got a date or are participating in galentines, I'm sure you've been thinking about what to do. 

I've always loved the day whether there was a boy or not, such a girl. But on the other hand, I'm probably not the most typical girl out there. I don't want to go to dinner on the big day and deal with the crowds. I really don't want an overpriced bouquet of flowers. And I'm not the biggest fan of boxed chocolates. So today I'd thought I'd share with you a couple of ideas for something different to do! These work for dates, galentines, or whatever your plans are!

1. Brunch > Dinner 

I'm a huge brunch fan and we did this last year. Instead of going out with the crowds that night, we had brunch that morning. I loved that it was something different to do. I realized Valentine's day is on a Tuesday this year, but celebrate over the weekend or have brunch for dinner!

2. Glass > Flowers

Skip the flowers and go create a handblown glass ornament together! I like Ignis Glass Studio in downtown Chattanooga. Hubs and I did this for our anniversary and it was so cool.  You pick out the two colors you want and then get to blow it yourself. A fun date, great memories, and a wonderful keepsake that won't die in a few days!

3. Dessert > Boxed Chocolates

Instead of dishing out for the boxed chocolates, go get a real dessert together. Chattanooga has wonderful places to go. Some of my favorites are The Hot Chocolatier, Rembrandt's Coffee House, and Chatta-Cakes Bakery. These are all so good, but y'all, Chatta-Cakes has the BEST cookies!


What are your Valentine's plans? I'm always looking for new ideas! 

xo Courtney

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.