SHE: Eats Dessert

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Hey Y'all! Recently I've attempted to make healthier choices when it comes to eating. Watching my portions, incorporating more fruits and veggies, and slowly eating fewer processed foods is the route I've taken. But there are times when a girl just wants dessert! To that I say - EAT IT! As I was browsing Pinterest, I came across this 3 ingredient recipe that was, honestly, delicious! Here's how it goes.

To start, grab two boxes of cake mix. As I mentioned before - slowly, cutting out processed foods. It's important that one of the cake mixes be Angel Food cake, and the other can be your choice. I grabbed these two:
Image via Google
Image via Google
Next, combine both cake mixes in a mixing bowl and whisk together until evenly combined. Once mixed, pour in to an airtight container or a gallon resealable bag. I used a bag, for easier storage.

In a microwave safe mug, add 3 Tablespoons of the dry cake mixture and 2 Tablespoons of water. Mix until blended. At this point, I added a bite-size Hershey original bar to make it more of a molten cake, but that's optional.


Heat in the microwave for 1 minute, and enjoy! Depending on what flavor cake mix you use, you can get creative with the toppings and variations of your mug cake. 


The texture is airy like Angle Food cake, but cures the chocolate cake craving 100%. Making a single serving of the cake won't leave you tempted with an entire cake, and only takes 1 minute!

Enjoy!

xo ~ Brittney

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.