SHE: Takes A Time Out

Monday, September 5, 2016



Hey Y'all,

Hope you have enjoyed the Labor Day Holiday.  A long weekend is so nice. I started mine with lots of grand ideas on all the things I could accomplish, cook, clean, decorate, reorganize, and of course fun with my family.  I accomplished a new recipe, went to my first fall craft fair event of the season and some normal house details. Things were going great and then I remembered... I have fall allergies ~ and they have ruled (attempted to ruin) my lovely weekend.  So while I am not feeling up to my fun ideas, I hope you are enjoying your holiday.

Here are a few tips to help manage the fall allergy season if you suffer~

image via google
Prepare: If you are an allergy sufferer (is that a real word?) Start taking your daily Zrytec or Claritin -I find that these work best if taken before my symptoms start, be sure to have your allergy medicine of choice on hand (Tylenol Sinus is my go to during the day), along with tissues & hand sanitizers and cough drops if your throat gets sore


Hydrate: drink plenty of liquids, the medicines tend to dehydrate you and that will lead to the aches and pains your might feel. Best to avoid "milk" products, but slushies might be a good choice.

Eat: Nothing slows me down here, but if you can't "taste" your food, it won't really be that appealing. Try soups, crackers, fruits... whatever you want, just eat to regain your strength.

Rest: It is okay to take a day for yourself to re-energize. Binge watching those shows on your DVR that you haven't had a chance to watch is a great idea and a nap won't hurt you either. 

Happy Labor Day friends ~ Even though I am hanging out on my couch today, I am so very thankful for the extra day to recoup. Next weekend... I will definitely be bringing out all our Fall decorations!



I found some fun ideas on Pinterest I can't wait to try and share with you. Amy
  




Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.