SHE Cooks: Creamy Cheesy Crockpot Chicken & Rice

Friday, September 30, 2016


Happy Friday! The other day I made this tried and true recipe that I've had forever and knew it would be perfect to share with you!  The cooler weather has hit us (at least this week) and it's perfect crock pot weather now! 


Let's start with ingredients -
3-4 Chicken Breasts
1 can Cream of Chicken
1 box Yellow Rice Mix (7oz)
1 can Corn
1 - 2 cups of Cheddar Cheese
Onion

Now let's talk about these ingredients. First, I realized while pulling this post together that I didn't flip the cream of chicken for the picture (embarrassing...), so that's what that random can is. Second, you can almost make this recipe what you want it to be. Hubs and I don't like chunks of onion, so I use minced instead of chopping one up, but you can do whichever you like. We also like a lot of cheese so I ended up using 2 cups of cheese even though the recipe only calls for one!


To start lay your chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot and cover with onion. 


Scoop the cream of chicken on top of the chicken. Cover and cook. If using the low setting, cook for 4-6 hours. If using the high setting, cook for 8-10 hours!

In the last 30 minutes of cooking start preparing your rice according to the directions on the box. (Hint: you could also do this the night before and just have it waiting in the refrigerator.) 

Add your corn to crock pot while the rice is cooking so it can begin warming up. If you cooked your rice ahead of time go ahead and it now too so it'll be warming up. 

You'll notice my chicken is shredded at this point. The chicken is so tender at the end of cooking that I just stirred it and it fell apart!


Once you've added the corn and rice, you can add your cheese! Stir it in and then recover and let cook a few more minutes so the cheese can melt.




That's it! From there you're ready for a nice delicious hot meal!

I hope you enjoy this meal and I hope you're also getting nice temperatures right now. 

Happy fall and happy weekend!

xo Courtney

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.