SHE: Plans Ahead for Lunch

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Hey Ya'll! I am a planner - always have been, probably always will be. I like to get all of my ducks in a row on Sunday afternoons to make for a less stressful week. That includes meal prepping for dinner, as well as lunch. Today I am going to share with you my go-to lunch prep that I've been loving lately.

I tend to get in a routine with lunches, and will eat the same thing for weeks at a time. For example, the whole year of Kindergarten I ate a plain bologna sandwich on white bread. Today the thought of a bologna sandwich makes me want to gag. But I digress. Lunches can quickly become boring, so I try to mix things up a little, while trying to stay moderately healthy. Recently I started cooking one pound of boneless, skinless chicken on Sunday afternoons. I will either boil or bake it, then shred it up. At this point you could easily turn your chicken into Amy's chicken salad. I however, have simply been adding 1/4 cup of my favorite salad dressing (think caesar or an Italian vinaigrette) to season it. You will notice the dressing only adds flavor, not a lot of creaminess or texture at all to the chicken, which I love. You could certainly add more salad dressing to make it more of a "chicken salad" texture.

Once I have the chicken seasoned, I divide it into 3 or 4 servings and put them in the refrigerator for the week. Usually, I will pack a basic salad (greens, cucumbers, cheese, bacon, and croutons) and top the salad with the chicken once I'm ready to eat. Since the chicken is already seasoned with the dressing, I don't find it necessary to add more. It cuts calories, and still remains flavorful! I've also eaten it with crackers or on a croissant. The options are endless! It's super quick and easy, and takes the stress and hassle of work week lunches! If you find yourself running out of ideas for lunch, make sure to try this out.

xo ~ Brittney

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.