Removing Ink Stains From Clothing

Thursday, July 7, 2016

I was sitting on the couch and my husband was doing laundry (lucky me, I know!). I hear him open the dryer followed by a bad, bad, "oh no...." Not looking forward to what I was going to find, I turn the corner to find him standing there with a sheepish smile and a busted pen.

The good news is - your clothes aren't ruined! And really all you need to fix them is some hair spray and patience.

The process is really simple. Lay your stained clothes out flat and soak the ink stains in a cheap aerosol hairspray.





And I mean it when I say soak them! Then let them sit for a good 10 minutes. Don't be impatient like me and try too soon. You must wait!! Then take a white rag and start blotting the stain. Follow up by blotting with a white rag dipped in cold water. 


See the stain starting to come off the shirt and onto the rag?



Once you've worked on the stains, spray them one more time and throw them in the washer in cold water. 

Now this process may take a couple of times, but it works! The lighter ink stains will typically come out in one try, but if you've got darker stains you may need that patience I was talking about. 

Hope this tip helps keep you as calm as me next time you hear (or find) an "oh no...."

xo Courtney



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.