Christmas in July

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

5 months
24 weeks
172 days

UNTIL....
     
CHRISTMAS!!!!
  

Why?  Why would I bring this up so soon?  Why would I start the craziness in July?  Because I want you to enjoy Christmas this year.  Because I don't want you to stress out about spending.  Because Christmas is expensive.  There are goodies to bake. Presents to buy.  More dinners and potluck to go to each week.  And stocking stuffers start to add up!!  I started getting my Christmas list together and thought I would share some of the ways I spread the love/expense over the next few months so I can enjoy and not stress during the holidays.

1.  From now until Christmas every time I go to the store, I buy at least one gift card usually more.  Gift cards are nice to have on hand for quick gifts.  You always need them at Christmas.  

2.  Anytime I am shopping I try to find at least one or two items for my stocking stuffers.  Stocking have always been a favorite thing to open so it is fun to keep an eye out. (I alway put a flashlight in the guys stockings, so I can go ahead and find that now).

3.  I make a lot of candies and cookies throughly the holidays.  So I made a grocery list of items I need.  It is long!  It would be quite an expensive trip if I did it all at once.  But I can start picking up the spices and extracts I need now.  They won't spoil.  I can also start buying toffee bits and chocolate chips.  I can add a little each week to my grocery list and spread it out over 5 months.  

4.  While I am buying school supplies I am going to buy tape. (Because I wrap every little item)!  I will also pick up tissue paper while I am in stores like Target or Walmart.

5.  Am I going to make any gifts this year??  I am trying to decide. If so, now is the time to make them!  Get that done so you can do other things closer to the holidays.  

6.  This is from one of my friends.  She bakes a lot of cookies at Christmas.  She will start mixing up her cookie dough and freezing the dough so all she has to do is bake.  (If I mix cookie dough, I will bake and eat them)!!  

I am sorry to interrupt your summer with Christmas!  Personally because our family is so big and I have so many goodies and meals to prepare this is what works for my family.  The holidays can be stressful enough without the worry of the expense all at once.  I hope this helps!  Now I am going to lay by the pool or go see a movie!  It is hot!!!

Lisa B


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.