SHE: Batters Up

Monday, July 25, 2016


Hey Y'all,
Here in the South, we tend to deep fry anything that sits still long enough. Personally, we have deep fried turkeys, corn, peanuts, veggies… you name it.  I bet you have too.  But my most favorite has to be shrimp!  We generally have fried shrimp on Christmas Eve with a low country boil.  The bonus for agreeing to deep fry food is that it can be cooked outside ~ no greasy smell inside the house.  A little tricky on Christmas Eve, but I can take one for the team to keep that smell away from all of my yummy Christmas season smells.
image via Google

I am sharing my go to recipe for batter that works great on shrimp, onion rings, corn. One of my Aunt’s shared it with my Mom 35 + years ago and it is still our favorite.  It is very light, so you don’t lose the taste of your food like sometimes happens with a thick batter.
                           Shrimp Batter
                             ½ c. flour      1 egg, beaten
       ½ c. milk   1 tsp. salt    1 tsp. sugar
Mix all ingredients together with a whisk.  Dip shrimp in mixture and fry immediately.

This is enough batter for 2 pounds of fresh shrimp.  It would be good to use on fish or onion rings too.  That’s it.  Doesn’t that seem super easy? It is easy and yummy.  Hope you enjoy!



Xoxo,

Amy

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.