Sometime SHE Stops!

Wednesday, July 13, 2016


I have eight things on my To Do List that really need to be done today!!  Dinner won't make itself.  The house looks like a toddler had free reign (and she did).  Laundry.  No, let's not go there!  But this sweet little niece of mine, fell asleep on me.  I could have put her down.  But, I was afraid she would wake up.  I am keeping her this week while her mommy is on a business trip.  My baby is 9. Babies are wonderful.  They smell good...most of the time!  They are so full of wonder.  They make the cutest faces!  But a baby falling asleep on your chest.  That is like a slice of heaven. And honestly, I just stopped!  I stopped and enjoyed every minute.  I soaked it in.  Reminiscing about each of my babies.   Loving each second.  I will admit I thought about all of the things I needed to be doing while she napped.  And then I let it go!  There was nothing on my lists that couldn't wait.  Today I enjoyed stopping and loving on the baby!  Do you know how many times you can kiss a sleeping baby?  Not near enough!  Life is too busy.  Life is too crazy!  But life is best if enjoyed!  
I had forgotten how much work it takes for babies.  My house is not baby/toddler proof.  She keeps finding things she shouldn't.  She keeps me on my toes.  I also forgot how tired trying to keep up with something so small can be.  But, I am having the best time!!  

Moms of babies and toddlers, stop!  Stop and enjoy them. I know your days are busy and you have to clean and cook or your house will be condemned.  Seriously, every now and then just stop!  Stop and play or stop and hold a sleeping baby.  Because all too soon the baby will be 9 and want to do Musicallys or be 14 and need a ride to a friends house or be 18 and headed off to college or be 25 and married and thinking about babies of her own!  I know because those are my babies!  Sometimes SHE needs to stop and just enjoy.  Trust me the laundry, house and dinner can wait.  It won't do itself.  It will be there when you are done enjoying that little one.  

So please find a way to stop and enjoy your life today.  Whatever makes you stop.  I sure enjoyed my day and I can't wait to make memories tomorrow!
Lisa B

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.