Meal Planning for Two Weeks with $100

Thursday, July 21, 2016



Hey y'all! So I don't know about you, but in this house we operate by our budget. 

We're saving up for a lot of things right now, so sticking to the budget is important. When it came to our grocery budget I was a little worried about what that meant we'd have to eat. I personally love Hamburger Helper, Ramen Noodles and some of the other "cheap college meals". But that doesn't mean I want to eat them all the time. I'm here to tell you that doesn't have to be the case. 

I love to meal plan. Well, I don't love to meal plan when it's time to sit down and think of two weeks worth of meals, but I love it when it's time to cook and I don't have to stare at the cabinets after a long day at work wondering what on earth I'm going to make. Today I'm going to share with you our two week meal plan so you can see that just because you're on a budget doesn't mean you can't enjoy delicious "normal" meals! 

This meal plan cost me $83.02! Some things to remember here - I had a handful of the things needed already. If you add those into the bill it comes out around $100. One thing I already had was all the hamburger meat we needed. I like to buy it in five or more pounds, divide it up and freeze it! It comes out much cheaper in the long run! This meal plan feeds two but all the meals are normal size, we just take leftovers for lunch. So you may need to add a meal or two.

Week 1:
Sunday - Kielbasa Sausage with Zucchini & Squash
Monday - Grilled Chicken & Pasta Salad
Tuesday - Leftovers
Wednesday - Meatball Subs
Thursday - Leftovers/Kickball Night (usually means we eat out)
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday - Spaghetti

Week 2:
Sunday - Leftovers
Monday - Tacos
Tuesday - Leftovers
Wednesday - Chicken Alfredo
Thursday - Leftovers/Kickball Night
Friday - Grilled Chicken & Veggies
Saturday - Sausage Tortellini Bake

Random:
Breakfast - Sausage, Egg, Cheese Muffins (sharing this recipe next Thursday so be sure to check it out!)
Lunch - Leftovers or Sandwich (the $100 includes a pack of lunch meat and cheese)
Other - I also bought a container of lemonade and some doggy ice cream that a friend told me about and I knew my sweet pup deserved some!

Hope this helps you realize that it's easy to stay within your budget if you meal plan, and that it also helps you realize you can eat good food too!

If you want me to share any of my recipes just let me know!!

xo Courtney



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.