SHE: Is Not Anxious... Well, Maybe a Little

Monday, July 18, 2016


Hey Y’all,

What a crazy few weeks we, as a nation, have had.  I am by no means a “news junkie” but it is really hard to avoid the violence that is all over the TV, radio and internet.  And this ugliness is going on in our cities Such heartbreaking sadness.  If you know me, you know I like to live my quiet little Pollyanna life and all that yucky stuff? It happens “somewhere else”. Well, it seems to be getting closer and closer to my world and I readily admit, it is starting to make me a little anxious. 

image via google
This week 2 of our SHE’s will be traveling with family. They should be excited and looking forward to getting away. One group is celebrating a well-earned accomplishment and the other, a joyous family wedding.  But I know they are wrestling with an uncertainty. Should we go? Will we be safe?  This makes me sad and angry. They deserve these trips and should be able to travel with a light heart.  But the ugliness is stealing that from them.  Do you have family or friends in similar situations? 

The foundation of my Pollyanna world is that I know the Lord is in control and truly believe everything will be okay, and to quote Lisa, “or it won’t be” (She will probably share her reasoning for that at some point.)  Either way, I know the Lord has got it and I should be thankful; anxiously waiting to see how he guides the circumstance I am “fearful” of.  Now I also know that this does not mean that the situation will always turn out the way I think it should…bad things happen to good people every day. But I do know that I will be blessed abundantly more than I deserve whatever the situation’s outcome.

As the decision is made to go or not to go, I will stay in my Pollyanna world, I will pray for their safety and wait in anticipation of hearing all about their exciting travels.

Xoxo,

Amy





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.