New Year Goals

Friday, January 6, 2017

Welcome to the new year y'all! 

I don't know about you, but I'm glad it's here. I love the feeling of a fresh start. A new week and a new month is great, but nothing compares to a new year.  

I talked last year about how I don't like to set resolutions, but to set goals instead. Today I want to share a couple of things I like to consider when I'm setting my yearly goals. 

I like goals that I can break down into small bites. When you're setting your goals think about how you can break it down and judge your progress, whether its monthly or quarterly. An example is that I love to read, but I hardly make the time to sit down and pick up a book. I can't very well set a goal of "read more" but instead I set the goal of read six books this year. That's one every other month. Easy to keep checking up on myself. 

Be realistic about your goals. If you're wanting to save money but are living paycheck to paycheck without a lot leftover, don't set of goal of $5,000+. Be more realistic and set a goal of $1,000 or 2.  A lot more attainable and then if you exceed it you get to pat yourself on the back!

I went a little crazy with my goals this year and set a list longer than usual. But they're all realistic and able to break down and I'm so excited! I've got a good feeling some great things are going to happen this year and I can't wait. 

What are your goals this year? I'd love to see if I should add any to my list ;)

xo Courtney 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.