SHE: Cooks

Monday, January 16, 2017

Hey Y'all,

The cool winter temperatures really make me want to stay in, snuggle up and enjoy a relaxing weekend.  When we get to actually do this, I love to have a one dish dinner cooking in the crockpot ~ simmering all day and filling the house with the yummy smells. It is just cozy to me. 

My lazy days often give me plenty of time to peruse Pinterest looking for new recipes.  This tomato and basil soup looks and sounds delish to me! How about you?  Served with some crusty bread or hot from the iron skillet corn bread is a favorite, but grilled cheese dippers? Who knew that you could do that? Will definitely be trying these.

I couldn't help but notice that "Freezer Meals" seem to be all the rage right now.  I have never frozen "meals" but I am anxious to try it out. The recipes seem pretty straightforward.  Although not required, this food sealer would definitely make the job a little easier and ensure that your meals don't suffer any freezer burn.  That would be terrible to go to all the effort. 

This week I will be selecting 5 freezer meals to prepare. I think this will be a good start for me.  I am sure I will love the convenience.  Since there are only the 2 of us, I think I will split my recipes into 2 portions.  (My hubby is not a big fan of leftovers...).  Wish me luck!   


                                                                                           xoxo,  Amy





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.