SHE: Uses Her Crock Pot

Wednesday, November 15, 2017


Hey Y'all,

This is the time of year where I get a little excited about cooking again. Summer meals are quick and cool and as often as possible cooked on our grill. But fall  ~ oh how I love fall!  It gets my tummy ready for the warm, hearty meals.  I love to be snuggled up on a cool day with a crock pot full of …. simmering away, making the whole house smell yummy. I guess that is why they call it comfort food.
There are so many fun fall activities to keep us busy. I am thankful that my crock pot cooking allows us to enjoy our family time and still have a hearty dinner that didn't keep me at the stove all day. Today, although not too cool, the rainy weather from Nate has me thinking about what all I can't wait to make in my crock pot. 

What do you use your crock pot for? Soup? Stew? Roast? Bar B Que? Desserts? Casseroles?  You see, there are lots of options at your fingertips to make.

I am sharing recipes for a few of my favorites today.  These are recipes I have used again and again and you can be certain that they always turn out perfect. I love that the crock pot allows me to prepare my dinner or dish without having to be right there with it!  You can use them anywhere. Ladies, this is a definite item you need for your first apartment! With a little planning you can eat well on your own ~ and no more Ramen noodles.

There is a smaller sized crockpot too that is great for a small group/ roommates or newlyweds (but if you want left overs, a regular 6 quart is what you need).  Most of the recipes can be frozen too. That allows you to have a quick meal a few weeks later that tastes like it’s been simmering all day. A nice treat to come home to after a long day.  



Hot Chocolate        

There are so many things you can do with your crock pot. Let me know your favorites. 

xoxo,
 Amy 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.