SHE Cooks: Lisa's Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies

Wednesday, June 22, 2016


Chocolate chip cookies are as American as Apple Pie!  Everyone needs a great recipe and yes there is a recipe on the package of chocolate chips.  However, after several attempts of what you would  now call Pinterest Fails. A sweet lady in Crossville, Tennessee shared this recipe with me!  These cookies never fail. They are so good.  But why settle for good when you can have great?  So, I added another bag of chocolate chips and a cup of pecans (because I like them!)  Everyone wants the recipe.  The problem with these cookies is your family will never eat store bought/package cookies again.  Well, they will but all the while saying, can't you make your cookies?  So, if you are really ready to make the best cookies ever! Then make these.  

Lisa's Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 small package of vanilla instant pudding mix
2 eggs
2 (12 oz.) bags of chocolate chips
1/2 bag of toffee bits
1 cup of pecans

In Mixer, mix butter and sugars until creamy, then add eggs, vanilla, vanilla pudding and baking soda.  Slowly add in flour.  Add toffee bits.  Add chocolate chips and pecans.
Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

You can make them with only one bag of chocolate chips.  You can leave out the pecans.  But you really need to double the recipe because they are really that good!!
I use my Kitchenade mixer to make these because the dough is so stiff.  Honestly, you can make these with a wooden spoon and a bowl and get a great arm work out.  I love to use parchment paper on my cookie sheets.  It is not a necessity, but I am hooked!    Talk about rich!  Goes perfect with a tall glass of ice cold milk!!!  I hope you make them today and enjoy!!  There is rain in the forecast here, so I think I will make a batch and find a movie or craft to do with the kiddos!
Lisa B

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.