SHE: Tips For A Healthy Summer Glow

Monday, June 20, 2016

Hey Y'all,
                                                                        

I am a girl who needs to see the sunshine. It just feels so nice ~ to relax and soak in that warmth.  And I admit, a tint of color on this pasty pale winter skin would be a bonus.  But we all know that color comes at a price ~ skin damage.  So before heading out, we lather on the SPF.  Oh yes, I spent many summer days lying out in the sun covered in baby oil, low SPF sunscreen, and even spent countless hours in tanning salons... Eek! I know, I know!! So irresponsible, but now we know better.  And lucky for us, we have some awesome options that give us the healthy glow without the risk of damaging our skin. There are many self tanners to choose from as well as spray tans.  With a little preparation you can have a smooth even tan that will look like you just returned from a nice tropical vacation without the risk of skin damage.

Whether you are applying a self tanner or heading out for a spray tan, be sure skin is thoroughly exfoliated.  Brittney shared a great scrub that makes your skin feel like satin.  Here are few other tips that might make your glow more natural looking and last longer.

Self Tanning lotion: After exfoliating, use a light moisturing lotion on knees, ankles and elbows. Apply tanning lotion in circular motions, working your way up; allow lotion to dry 10 minutes. Once the lotion is dry apply a light layer of body powder all over, this will keep lotion from rubbing off on to fabric.  Some lotions "tan" instantly while others will take 2-4 days to "build your tan".  Plan to reapply as needed to keep glow.

Spray Tan: No moisturing is advised. Once at the salon, liberally apply the provided barrier cream to feet, knees, elbows and fingers, especially the cuticles. Follow directions as instructed.  Once finished, avoid water of all types (rain/ swimming/ sweating and showering) for 6-8 hours.  Your "tan" should last about a week. 
image via Google

Self tanners are so easy to use and if applied well, provide a very natural looking tan. Last summer I finally bite the bullet and tried a spray tan. I was so nervous, you know it didn't end well for poor Ross in "Friends". I was certain I would be an oompa loompa!  The young girl at SunTan City was so helpful, she explained everything to me and helped me pick a shade that would be realistic for my skin tone. I am hooked!  It was fast and a great shade.  Can't wait to get my next one! 


Are you ready to get your summer glow in a healthy way?


                                                                                        














Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.