SHE: Cleans out Closets

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Hey Ya'll! This weekend I decided it was time to clean out our house. I'm ashamed to admit that after living in our home for a little over a year, we still had things in boxes. It was time to purge.

I started with our closet. When we moved in, there was no time to filter through our clothes. Everything from my closet came with me. That included clothes I had worn from high school, old shoes, and more. I started from one end of the closet and worked my way to the end. I followed three simple rules:
1. Have I worn it within a year?
2. Is it in good condition?
3. Will I still wear it?

If the answer to each question was yes, then I kept the clothing item. If not, it went into a pile. The pile became overwhelming.


Once it went in a pile, I brought in reinforcements. My fellow SHE and Mom, Amy, came over to help sort through clothes. She folded clothes and helped pack them in boxes to donate - it saved so much time!

The next task was to tackle my t-shirts. I love t-shirts, and have collected 50-100 over the years... To save space, I decided to fold and pack up all of my sorority t-shirts/sweatshirts/jackets. They are definitely not something I could part with, but I realized I didn't need them on a daily basis anymore. So I packed them in a storage tote to save for a later date. It freed up so much space!



If you're like me and need to let go of some things, but are afraid it will be overwhelming, start small. Try to filter through your closet once a week. Tossing a few items out a week will help cut down the clutter and won't be nearly as daunting!

Happy Cleaning!

xo ~ Brittney

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.