Top Moments of 2015

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Hey Ya'll! I cannot believe we are already ending 2015. This was by far the busiest and most eventful year of my life. I guess I can say I’m both excited and sad to see it go. Today I thought I would do a round-up of my “Top 5 Moments of 2015”.

1. May 2, 2015 

Master’s Graduation - I officially finished school FOREVER! Working on my MBA was one of the most exhausting and rewarding experiences of my life. Knowing I never have to sit through another night class makes me more relieved than words can explain.

2. May 29, 2015


Home Building Completion – The day we waited a year and a half for finally came - we finally finished building our home! I will tell people this time and time again, building a home is the best form of pre-marital counseling you could ever do. The whole process taught us so much. We learned how to compromise, what makes each other tick, how to resolve stressful situations, and manage finances.  Our project was not a normal build. The construction crew consisted of Andrew, my Dad, Andrew’s Dad, and my Dad’s good friend. It’s extremely humbling to see how many people jump in and help when you take on such a large, time consuming project. We could not thank the “crew”, our Mom’s, and Grandparents enough for bringing food, helping clean, and offering advice and supportive words. I would recommend home building to everyone, do it once, and you’ll never want to do it again J

3. June 6, 2015




Wedding - After 5 years of dating, Andrew and I tied the knot. It’s amazing how quickly the day happens and how many different emotions you go through in one day: happy, sad, excited, nervous, and relieved. The day was perfect and we were so grateful for our families who planned the “big day”, friends who helped celebrate with us, and all of those who have supported us. I can’t believe we’ve almost reached 7 months of marriage!









4. February 20, 2015/ May 26, 2015/ August 20, 2015


Fur Children – Maggie, Millie, and Manning joined our family this year! We didn’t realize how quickly our animals out numbered us, or how much we could possibly love them. They fill our home with fur, slobber, and the best cuddles. Even after all of the messes, destruction (i.e. chewed up sheetrock and stairs in our new garage), and vet visit bills - we would never trade them!

5. August 24, 2015/ October 7, 2015

New Beginnings – On August 24th I started a new job that I absolutely love, and am beyond thankful for. I believe you have to take a leap of faith to change something if you aren’t happy. It was nerve-racking and scary, but aren’t all great things? And finally, October 7th we launched SHE Degree! We are so thankful for our readers, and the opportunity each of you gives us every post we write.

At the beginning of 2015, I was nervous and terrified of all of the major life changes that would be coming in the months ahead. I am not a fan of change, so coming to terms with, literally almost, everything in my life changing was a tough idea to get past. Looking back now, it’s amazing to see that greater things can come from change, and we should welcome the new that is coming in 2016. Thank you for welcoming us into your lives this year, we look forward to the next!

xo ~ Brittney

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.