Crockpot Potato Soup

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

You know I told you I love Fall. I love fall colors and clothes and activities and especially the fall foods.  My Crockpot  is my go to fall/ winter kitchen gadget. We have lots of stews and soups, beans and roasts, even desserts straight from the Crockpot.



This weekend I made a yummy new potato soup for my family and it was a hit. I will be making this often as you can toss all the ingredients into your Crockpot and head out for your day. Best part was it is so easy and while it isn't totally "homemade" it was made in my kitchen..

Ingredients:  1 30 oz bag of shredded or cubed frozen potatoes 
                     2 14 oz cans of chicken broth ( I used a little more for a thinner broth)
                     1 can of cream of chicken soup
                     1/2 c chopped onions ( I used onion flakes)
                     1/4 tsp black pepper
                     1/2 tsp salt
                     1 pkg cream cheese (regular not fat free or lite) softened and chopped

Pour everything except the cream cheese into your Crockpot. Cook 6-8 hours on low until the  potatoes are soft.  About 30-60 minutes before serving soup add the chopped cream cheese. Stir occasionally to combine the melting cream cheese.



Once the cheese is melted you are ready to serve. You can scoop into bowls and garnish with extra shredded cheese, chopped green onions, bacon bits... Whatever your family likes. Serve with some fruit or a veggie and some crusty French bread or yummy corn bread.... And you have a yummy meal for your family.


 Enjoy friends ~  

Amy

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.