SHE Parties: Halloween

Sunday, October 25, 2015



Cotton Candy in candy corn bags, homemade cookies with icing in the middle and other goodies!

 
Six.  Thirty-two.  Sixty-one.   We only have 6 days until Halloween, 32 days until Thanksgiving and 61 days until Christmas!  Those numbers strike excitement and fear in my heart in equal measure. I love this time of year and the fun Holiday and get togethers.   However, since most of the parties are at my house I have so much to do!  I was looking at my calendar and stressing a little, I must admit.  But, I have hatched a plan and I believe, as usual, I will be able to pull it all off (fingers and toes crossed). 
First, Halloween - which is a big deal in my neighborhood.  We are the Cotton Candy House.  Every year I give out about 300 bags of cotton candy.  (Yes, most of the people know us and know we work festivals and sell cotton candy and candy apples so they are fine with the kids having the treat.  In fact most of the parents have to have a bag too!)  I also do a large party.  Last year sixty of our friends and family came over to celebrate.  We have chili and hot dogs and a table of treats.  A few adults go out with the kiddos and the rest of us stay here and eat except when we are handing out candy.   When all the kids get back and finally eat real food, we have the most fun of the night.  The annual candy trade!  The kiddos all sit in a circle with candy they want to trade in front of them.  I love to hear the “I’ll trade you one snickers for a kit kat” banter.  I will let you in on a secret.  My kiddos don’t mind having a bunch of candy no one really likes.  We throw it in a bowl and it becomes part of our annual gingerbread house.  I can’t wait to show you this year’s masterpiece!    

 
Here are pictures of the children's costumes.  We have used the morph suit two years and can't wait to see what else he wants to do with it before we retire it.  My darling littlest diva always wants to buy one, this year she is Madeline Hatter and last year she was a 50's girl. 
This year we turned the morph suit into a caution sign.  Thanks Pinterest!  The littlest Miss decided she wanted to be Madeline Hatter.

Last year the morph suit was turned into Peter Pan's shadow and a skeleton!  And of course we needed a 50's girl!


Enjoy this Halloween with your friends and family and please post pictures of your costumes.  You really are an important part of the SHE world!  Look for my list making plan for the next Holidays and ideas how to get it all done!!

Lisa




 



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.