The Cube Life

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Via Pinterest

Hey Y’all! During the day I work as a Cost Accountant. In a large building. In a corner. In a cubicle.

I’ll be honest, when I first started working in the corporate world, I envisioned a desk decked out in Kate Spade. The reality was slightly less than I imagined. So to better adjust to the “cube life", I had to make some small adjustments.

The first thing I did was decorate! It makes such a difference to work in a space that has small touches of who you really are.  Depending on your company’s policy, take in pictures, candles, lamps, etc. If you spend 40+ hours a week there, it needs to look and feel great!

Sprucing up your cubicle or office doesn't have to take a lot of time or money. Most of my desk accessories came from either Target or Hobby Lobby - my happy places.
  • I was able to find a lamp and shade at Target. Cubicles can be dark so a little extra light never hurts.
  • Add small glass dishes to hold office supplies like paperclips or post-its - they're a prettier alternative to regular office storage and less bulky.
  • Acrylic desk accessories are my favorite. They're modern and clean and help with desk organization. Design Darling has so many adorable desk accessories - I couldn't pick a favorite.
  • Grab a candle warmer and your favorite candle and your space will smell like home.
  • Adding pictures and a silk arrangement of flowers to your desk will add life to your workspace and hopefully make you more productive.

Do  you work in a cubicle or simply love to decorate? Let me know in the comments below!

xo ~ Brittney


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.