SHE Procrastinates: Five 5 Minute Halloween Costumes

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Image via Pinterest

Let's face it, we all are guilty of procrastinating. I'm so guilty I should be serving a lifetime sentence, especially this year. It's the week of Halloween (one of my favorite holidays for pete's sake!) and I still have yet to purchase a pumpkin. If I'm still pumpkin-less, you can guarantee that I am without a costume, too. Sound the alarms, right? Wrong! I am here with 5 different costumes you already own you just don't know it yet. 

1. Cat Burglar I combined my fun leopard pajama shorts with a stripe tee. For an eye mask I cut the bottom of an old tee and marked where my eyes were. I cut the holes and tied it in the back. I topped the look off with gold cat ears ($1 at Target) and I'm the sneakiest, glummest cat burglar in town! Hide your candy! 

Image via Pinterest
2. Eloise at the Plaza My favorite sassy soul sister is not only a diva but adorable! Channel your inner princess and whip out this easy costume. What you need: A black skirt, suspenders, knee high socks, black flats and a pink hair bow. Bonus points if you have an adorable pug. 


Image via Pinterest
3. Gretchen Weiners. Everyone's favorite Mean Girl, right? All that's required is a pink sweater (if you are really in the spirit, cut two holes out where your bra is a la Regina George), a khaki skirt, hoop earrings & a box of toaster strudels. Her Dad is the inventor, duh. 

Image via Pinterest
4. Paper Doll  First grab a skin colored, black, white or any color dress you have. Next get 2-3 poster boards and trace your new outfit! Don't forget to add a couple of tabs. Use fabric glue or safety pins to attach to attach to your dress. Don't forget the accessories! 

5. Elves on the Shelf If you are in the market for the perfect last minute couples costume, look no further! All you need is red sweatpants, red leggings and two red tees. Next grab about 2 yards of white felt and 1 yard of red felt. Cut into four large squares and trim the corners to make circles. Cut out holes for your head and waist. For one circle make the hole a tad larger and then safety pin for your skirt. Cut the remaining circles into small points or triangles and throw over your head! Cut the yard of red felt in half and fold into cones, hot glue the edges into a hat and you are officially the cutest elves in town. *This is also perfect for Christmas parties and Santa Pub Crawls. 

Thanks for stopping by, I hope everyone has a wonderful Halloween! We would love to see your costumes, please tweet them to us (@SHEdegree). 

XO,







Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.