SHE: Marinades

Tuesday, February 23, 2016


Hey Ya'll! I hope you're having a great week. Today I wanted to share with you a marinade that I use on basically any and every type of meat. It consists of ingredients most people keep on hand, and it's super flavorful!

 I will admit, I am not a measurer - I usually eyeball everything and it still turns out great. When I marinade, I like to make sure every piece of meat is evenly coated with seasoning. Sometimes I think plastic storage bags work great, but when using this marinade I like to use a container of some sort just so everything is easier to season - totally a personal preference though!

Start by pouring some vegetable oil over your meat, not drowning it, but enough to coat it all. Then season all sides with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion flakes. Sprinkle a tablespoon or so of worcestershire sauce and a few dabs of soy sauce - not too much because it can be very salty. If you are using this marinade on fish or shrimp I would add a drop or two of lemon juice for a fresher flavor, but again, it's optional!

Marinade
Vegetable Oil (1/2 - 3/4 cup)
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Onion Flakes
Worcestershire Sauce
Soy Sauce 
Lemon Juice (optional)

As mentioned earlier, I use this marinade for everything - steaks, roasted chicken breasts and stew meat, even grilled shrimp! If you plan on using this for beef or chicken, allow the meat to marinade at least over night to get the best flavor. If you plan on using this for seafood or shrimp, a few hours to sit in the marinade will work just fine.

I hope you enjoy this simple marinade. Let me know in the comments how you plan to use it!

xo ~ Brittney

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.