SHE Travels: Pigeon Forge, Tennessee

Wednesday, March 9, 2016



 
No trip is complete without a visit to the Pancake Pantry!  It is our favorite place in downtown Gatlinburg.  Yes, it is called the Pancake Pantry and that is a pecan waffle pictured!  My favorite item on the menu.  Who am I kidding, I like everything on the menu!!  This has been a tradition of ours to make a stop at the Pancake Pantry for as long as I can remember.  (Take cash.  They do not accept debit or credit cards!)
Picture of Pancake Pantry from the internet.
 
 
After we eat breakfast at the Pancake Pantry we of course go to the Ole Candy Kitchen next door.  I mean what is better after a pecan waffle than a caramel apple?  Then it is off to shop!  The little village is always decorated for every holiday.  Here is a picture of my 90 year old grandmother and a few of her great grandchildren.  (I hope I have as much energy and look as good as she does when I am 90.)  We went in the Tervis store, a shoe store and a monogram store. I am not sure how I managed to keep them out of the toy store, but I did!  Yeah me!


We did go inside my personal favorite store.  The Donut Friar.  I bought us powdered donuts to have with our breakfast the next day.  Yes, you read all the above correctly.  I went to breakfast, bought a caramel apple and then powdered donuts.  I love food!   But don't worry.  We are staying at the Wilderness of the Smokies,  It is a waterpark inside and outside (weather permitting) of the hotel.  I have walked, swam...way over my 10,000 steps a day.  It's all good.  We have really enjoyed staying at  the  
Wilderness.  It is a great place for Spring Break and hanging out with cousins.   We are having such a great time.  We are coming back when the outside portion is open.  We can't wait to try it out. 
 
We have visited a few of our favorite places like the Apple Barn Restaurant and Tanger Outlets.  I had to shop!!  It is my favorite thing to do!  I do love this little area of the world.  If you get a chance you should visit.  It is a fun family town.  There are dinner shows.  Incredible craft stores and places where you can watch them at work.  I love all the pottery stores.  Outlet Stores, old timey photograph places, and every kind of restaurant you can imagine!  And don't forget Dollywood!  We have season passes and can't wait for it to open.
 
 
Lisa B


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.