SHE Cooks: Crock Pot Roast

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Hello SHE's! I don't know about you, but I am so glad tomorrow is Friday! (Tomorrow is also the birthday of our fellow SHE, Brittney!)  This week has been a killer, and the last thing I want to do when I get home is cook. Seriously - I ordered pizza Monday night and I knew it was only downhill from there. 

So to make sure we had at least one home cooked meal this week, I grabbed the few items I needed for my favorite (and easy - which is key this week) crock pot roast!

What you need:

Roast (I used an arm roast)
1 Can of Cream of Chicken or Cream of Mushroom
1 Pkg of Brown Gravy Mix
1 Pkg Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Add-ins - I like to use carrots and potatoes

What to do:

Place your roast in the crock pot. 


Mix together the soup and two mixes in a bowl.


Throw your carrots and potatoes on top of the roast and then pour the soup mixture over it. The soup mixture will be pretty thick at this point and that's okay! Just spread it over the veggies the best you can. As it cooks it will be perfect.



Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8-10. I threw mine in on my way out the door for work on low for 10 hours and it was perfect and ready when I came home.


Chances are that by the time it is done cooking the roast will fall apart when you touch it. But if it doesn't, simply pull it out and shred on a cutting board and toss it back in. 

All done and happy eating!



I hope you enjoy this? Do you have any great plans for the weekend?

xo Courtney



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.