SHE Cooks: Creamy Chicken and Noodles

Tuesday, March 8, 2016


Hey Ya’ll Last week we had some cool, rainy weather, and I was not motivated to cook. Thankfully my crockpot cooked for me, and I made creamy chicken and noodles. The consistency is thicker than a soup and similar to chicken and dumplings – yum!

Start by placing two to three chicken breasts in your crockpot and season them well. (I used frozen chicken and seasoned them with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion flakes). Then combine one can cream of chicken with 32 ounces of chicken stock. Once combined pour it over the chicken. Then take ¼ cup of butter, slice it, and put over the chicken and liquid. 


I placed my crockpot in the fridge overnight and put it in the warmer as soon as I left for work the next morning.


Cook on low for 8-10 hours, and your home will smell amazing when you get home! During the last hour of cooking, give the chicken a stir and remove from the crockpot. At this point, I shred my chicken and place it back in the crockpot and add an 8 ounce bag of egg noodles. 


When I cook this on a weekday, my crockpot turns to “warm” after 10 hours. So I turn my crockpot from the “warm” setting to “low” again and let it cook for another hour. I stir it every 20 minutes to make sure the noodles are getting cooked evenly. I add a little more salt and pepper, and it’s ready to serve.

I hope you enjoy the recipe! Let me know in the comments if you try to make it!

xo ~ Brittney


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.