Happy Easter

Monday, March 28, 2016

Happy Easter Friends,

Hope you had a lovely time celebrating with family and friends.  For empty nesters, ours was jam packed.  Incredible church service and then yummy dinner with our family.  Due to family schedules, sharing our newlyweds and family traveling home from an out of town visit, I prepared dinner for us all.  I really enjoy cooking for everyone & it was pretty yummy~ but I was a little tired at the end of the day.

Easter has always been a very traditional holiday for us: church, big dinner, Easter baskets and what seems like at least 25 Easter egg hunts.  We have also always made a "bunny" cake for dessert. But this year I ended up making a white cake with a yummy marshmallow buttercream frosting I had never made this recipe before and it was very good. I am not a coconut fan, my family is.. so 1/2 was topped with coconut and 1/2 was plain.  Sorry~ no picture of the finished product but I promise there were a few slices remaining.

What are your Easter traditions?  We never focused too much on the Bunny ~ I tried to make sure Brittney knew that Easter was about God sending his son to die on the cross for our sins. But... she did always get an Easter basket, typically with "spring/summer" things- a new swimsuit, sidewalk chalk, jump rope and a little candy.  (Babies with parents in the dental field don't usually get too much candy for any holiday!)

How ever you celebrated this special holiday I hope it was special to you and the ones you love. 





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.